Saturday, July 17, 2010

Well it's about time I reflect

So this is my first time using the blog...I have completely under utilized something that can help me connect with my family and friends. To be honest I am not so sure what to write and put what I have seen in words. This trip has opened my eyes so much to what I have and how fortunate I am. I have seen kids without clothes, people so dehydrated they can hardly walk, hunger and starvation so severe I couldve swore I was looking at a skelaton and the list can go on and on. My eyes have truely been opened. 

Although we have seen a lot of upsetting, depressing and heart wrenching things we are making a large impact on the country and I am extremely thrilled to have been invited.

Today we held a clinic for priests and their families. We saw all but 300 patients in just over 4 hours. Patients were "checked in," then moved on to see the doctors. Doctors evaluated patients and then prescribed the correct medication(s). After they received their prescription they moved to our make shift pharmacy where they received medications for their symptoms. 

Everyday is a learning experience for me in this country and I am so happy that I've learned so much! I can also say that the people of Haiti have given me more than I could ever give them..


Randy   

No comments:

Post a Comment