Monday, July 5, 2010

GETTING READY . . .

Life in Haiti is much different than what we experience here in the USA, yet I believe there are some commonalities that exist which will remind me, how very much we are alike. As I mentally plan to go, I’m wondering what my journey will be like, where I will fit in.

My name is Sandy Evans and this will be my first trip to Haiti. I am a first grade teacher at the Octorara School District and a mother of 3 children (17, 14 and 13 years old). My oldest daughter, Lindsay will also be going along on the trip. The reason I have chosen to go to Haiti is that I strongly believe that it is important to give back. My life has been blessed in many more ways than is reasonable to go into on this blog. God has enabled me to attain a doctoral degree in Educational Leadership through Immaculata University. It is my desire to use the skills I have gained in my education as well as life experiences to make a difference in the lives of others.

Thank you to the Upper Octorara Presbyterian Church, my family and friends for the support you have given to Lindsay and I, which has enabled us to participate in this mission. With anticipation and gratitude, we will do our best to represent our country, our community, and ourselves in a positive way.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment